ASI’s staffing services help mitigate the impact of business fluctuations by offering on-call as-needed inspection services in a variety of disciplines that span most types of construction. With its huge roster of independent inspectors, ASI covers most city/county jurisdictions in California.
ASI WILL HELP
- Maintain necessary staffing levels without hiring or layoffs
- Reduce employment costs such as insurance, taxes, and benefits
- Reduce the cost of day-to-day management
Special/Deputy inspectors verify that the work conforms to the approved project documents through visual observation and material sampling. All work observed is documented on daily field reports and distributed to the project team. Disciplines include:
- Structural Steel Welding & High-strength Bolting
- Structural Masonry
- Reinforced Concrete
- Pre-stressed Concrete
- Wood/Steel Framing, Shear, and Seismic Resistance
Building inspectors typically observe a wide breadth of construction disciplines. This includes, but is not limited to, structural foundation, framing, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, roofing & waterproofing, and finishes. Oftentimes, these are contracted positions within city or county building departments.
NON-DESTRUCTIVE INSPECTION AND TESTING
Non-destructive testing (NDT) of building materials can detect problems, verify compliance, and/or identify obstacles without damaging the materials.
Common NDT for steel:
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Dye-penetrant Testing
- Visual Inspection
Common NDT for concrete/masonry:
- Concrete-penetrating Radar
- Proof-load & Torque Testing of Embeds